SCOAP in the Media
SCOAP Surgical Checklist in the News
- An editorial in the Seattle Times supports the SCOAP Surgical Checklist project.
- Watch an ABC News video segment on the SCOAP surgical checklist. February, 2009.
- KLPU’s Keith Seinfeld discusses the impact of the SCOAP surgical checklist. January, 2009.
- The Washington Post also reports on the project. January, 2009.
World Health Organization (WHO) Launch of Safe Surgery Saves Lives Global Initiative Coincides with SCOAP Research
Other News and Talk about SCOAP
- General Surgery News reports on a study Dr. Flum presented at the 2008 annual meeting of the American Surgical Association, held in New York City. “This study demonstrated a significant reduction in negative appendectomies at participating hospitals contemporaneous to increased use and perhaps the increasing accuracy of preoperative diagnostic imaging,” said Flum. June, 2008.
- The Puget Sound Business Journal was one of the first media outlets to write about SCOAP. October, 2007.